In two years as your MP I’ve done as much as I can for Glossop, in the face of Conservative cuts.
1. Successfully campaigning for more Mental Health treatment for young people in Glossop
2. Fighting for over a year alongside parents to achieve extra classrooms at Glossopdale School.
3. Winning commitment from Transport for Greater Manchester to
prioritise Gamesley Station.
4. Put the Tintwistle bypass back on the agenda, with Highways
England to report on its timescale in March 2020, which with the Mottram bypass will really reduce Glossop traffic.
5. Campaigning for a Walk-In Centre for Glossop.
6. Fighting staff cuts at Glossop Fire Station. Securing commitment to more support for staff.
7. Working for extra police in Glossop and securing more patrols in
8. Demanding the Shire Hill Hospital site be used for the benefit of the
people of Glossop.
9. Winning a commitment that the threatened Gamesley and Hadfield
libraries won’t close.
10. Working with our Labour councillors to support market traders and stall holders and secure commitments to make repairs and cover losses.
11. Supporting Glossop food banks and working hard in Parliament to secure improvements to Universal Credit which is hitting many Glossop
12. Persuading B&M to let residents use the car park for free at
evening and night.
13. Working with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust to keep the badger cull from
coming to Derbyshire.
14. Held a free summer school for 16 to 24 year olds in Glossop (see pic below).
15. Worked with local councillors to keep Glossop Post Office at B&M.
16. Holding regular surgeries and coffee mornings across the Glossop area. And supported over 2,000 Glossop residents with cases.