In just two years as your MP, I’ve fought for High Peak every day:
1. Successfully campaigning for £20 million extra a year for our
ambulances, reducing waits.
2. Gaining two off-peak trains an hour on the Buxton Line and a
commitment to minimum four carriages.
3. Gaining extra police in High Peak after Derbyshire lost over 700
officers and staff due to the Conservatives’ cuts.
4. Campaigned against £500,000 of proposed cuts to our Voluntary
Services and saw around half of those services saved.
5. Won a commitment that the threatened Whaley Bridge and Hayfield
libraries won’t close.
6. Opposed cuts to over 200 Council staff who help families with
children at risk of harm, saving 50 jobs for the next 3 years.
7. Supported High Peak food banks.
8. Worked hard in Parliament to secure improvements to Universal Credit which is hitting many High Peak residents hard.
9. Supported many vulnerable residents visited by bailiffs over Council Tax and ensured a change of policy now High Peak Council is run by Labour.
10. Working with Derbyshire Wildlife Trust to keep the badger cull from coming to Derbyshire.
11. Getting the Sky Lantern event over the burning moors cancelled and introducing a bill in Parliament to ban sky lanterns.
12. Raised £1,500 for Blythe House Hospice, running ‘Bog Commander.’
13. Young people: arranged for more than 40 young people to gain work
experience in my Buxton and Westminster offices.
14. Holding regular surgeries and coffee mornings across High Peak.
15. Taking up over 6,000 individual cases on behalf of residents.